Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Industry: Software & Services
Company URL: www.guestlogix.com
GuestLogix Inc. (GXI: TSX), the leading global provider of onboard store technology and merchandising solutions, helps airlines and other travel operators create, manage, and control onboard retail environments tailored to their needs and their passengers. GuestLogix brings a decade of expertise as a trusted onboard transaction processing partner to airlines around the world. The Company's global headquarters and centre for product innovation is located in Toronto, Canada with regional head offices located in Dallas, Texas (serving Americas) London, UK (serving EMEA), and Hong Kong (serving Asia-Pacific). Sales and support offices are located in Singapore and Shanghai. Logistics centres are situated in Toronto, Dallas, London and Seoul with a software development centre located in India. In September 2012, GuestLogix acquired U.K.-based onboard retail technology provider Initium Onboard with clients in Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. More information is available at www.guestlogix.com.
The HR Manager will report directly to the VP of Human Capital. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform a variety of professional duties within the human resources function in accordance with legal and corporate guidelines for all global locations. The position assists the VP of Human Capital in developing and continuously improving GuestLogix's Human Resources programs and policies.
- Formulate and recommend Human Resources policies and procedures for the company.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conduct periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitor and advise managers on progressive discipline process of the company. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Lead the implementation of company health and safety programs.
- Lead annual review process.
- Support recruitment selection and process when needed.
- Establish the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses, incentive plans and annual increases.
- Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Monitor all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Lead participation in at least one salary survey per year. Monitor best practices in compensation and benefits through research and up-to-date information on available products.
- With the assistance of the Finance team, obtain cost effective, employee serving benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Lead the development of benefit orientations and other benefits training for employees.
- Recommend changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Compile employee options agreements.
Training and Development
- Coordinate all Human Resources training programs. Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee on-boarding or orientation, management development, and the measurement of training impact and application.
- Participate in the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assist with the development of and monitor the spending of the corporate organizational development budget.
- Manage employee training records.
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- BS/BA in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources or related degree in Human Resource Management.
- 8-10 years progressive HR generalist experience supporting a diverse client group; at least 5 years as HR Manager or higher. CHRP preferred and CTP or CTDP certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change within an organization.
- Solid understanding of HR principles and best practice in the areas of Staffing, Employee Relations, Total Rewards, Performance Management, Organizational Development and Effectiveness, and Training & Development.
- Excellent written, spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop others.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Thought leadership in organizational development and design.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Global HR management experience is preferred.
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing organization in this exciting role, please apply to email@example.com with your resume attached. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.
Join GuestLogix and share the success of the business!
GuestLogix is an equal opportunity employer.
No Agency Calls Please