Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Company URL: www.guestlogix.com
GuestLogix Inc. (GXI: TSX), the leading global provider of onboard store technology and merchandising solutions, helps airlines and other travel operators create, manage, and control onboard retail environments tailored to their needs and their passengers. GuestLogix brings a decade of expertise as a trusted onboard transaction processing partner to airlines around the world. The Company's global headquarters and centre for product innovation is located in Toronto, Canada with regional head offices located in Dallas, Texas (serving Americas) London, UK (serving EMEA), and Hong Kong (serving Asia-Pacific). Sales and support offices are located in Singapore and Shanghai. Logistics centres are situated in Toronto, Dallas, London and Seoul with a software development centre located in India. In September 2012, GuestLogix acquired U.K.-based onboard retail technology provider Initium Onboard with clients in Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. More information is available at www.guestlogix.com.
We are seeking a Java Developer to join our development team. This position is responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining software that functions as specified. The Software Developer will implement and execute projects within industry-accepted standards, methodologies, processes and tools that will be used to ensure GuestLogix' software products are of the highest possible quality.
- Using standard principles and practices provide code development, code walkthroughs, test case, test case development.
- Execute unit and string testing, and participate in integration testing.
- Provide thorough test case documentation and code documentation.
- As assigned, organize and manage multiple types of testing scenarios, such as UAT, regression, performance and scalability testing, etc.
- Estimate level of effort and completion for various programming scenarios.
- Interface with support and development personnel.
- Analyze defect metrics to ascertain trends and problem areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5-7 years of hands on experience in programming participating in the design and construction phases of a development project involving n-tier, object-oriented (OO) component-based applications using the Java language / J2EE technologies.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience working with LINUX and MS-Windows OS
- Experience building applications for Android and knowledge of best development practices
- Superior skills in coding, testing and implementation of database-centric applications.
- A strong technical background and the ability to adapt quickly to new assignments.
- Familiarity with the following is required:
- Jasper Reports
- Spring Framework
- Tomcat, Glassfish and other
- Web related technologies, Web Services, Struts, Seam, Spring Web flow.
- Security concepts (PKI) and Security related APIs.
- Windows operating system.
- Skilled in the SQL language and Data Modelling.
- Microsoft SQL Server 8 (or above)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work from technical specifications and produce high quality code.
- Understanding of the Software development life cycle and version management.
- Knowledge of source control and using either Visual Source Safe of CVS.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing organization in this exciting role, please apply to email@example.com with your resume attached. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.
Join GuestLogix and share the success of the business!
GuestLogix is an equal opportunity employer.
No Agency Calls Please